Tuesday 8 December 2009

A case for a 'Pre-Marriage Due Diligence' Checklist

I'll be writing more on the concept of 'Due Diligence' when applied to marriage.

Its equally applicable to men and women.

I've just commissioned some fascinating research on the subject. It will be released in the coming weeks/months. In the meantime, here's a response from a man who downloaded a copy of the due diligence checklist from the www.dangerouswomen.co.uk website. Its free.

"I am currently planning to leave my wife of 5 years because of some really bad stuff that's gone down. Long story short, I started to make my own "due-diligence" list because there were so many warning signs with her that she never told me about:

• Hurting Yourself (she was a cutter and never told me)
• Clinical Depression and Taking Anti-Depressants
• Having Bulimia, Anorexia, etc
• Her Parents Terrible Relationship, how her Mom was abusive to her Dad and she hated her Mom for years
• Having been engaged to 3 guys before me which all fell through when the guys wanted to get away from her
• Emotionally abusing one of those guys (screaming at him, etc) just as her Mom did to her Dad
• On and On...

Unfortunately for me I was too naive to even think about asking these questions, let alone connecting the dots between a Mother's relationship with her Father and The Daughters relationship with me. She swore while we were dating she hated her mom and would never be like that. But she has become her mom in our relationship. And I am reaping the painful results of my naivety now.

The funny thing is she thinks all women are like her.

Thanks again for this list - and if by providing this list you can save even just one guy from marrying a woman like my wife then it was worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment