Wednesday 16 December 2009

A journalist's response to the 'Due Diligence Checklist'

Earlier this week I contacted a female journalist I know about the publication of a 'Pre-Marriage' Survey I have commissioned. This is part of her detailed response;

Your due diligence form will certainly be a talking point and I’d be very happy to run it any time ..... although I can see why you would prefer to hold it for use from February 1.

To be absolutely honest I could hardly read the press release as I have a great friend who seems to be in just the pickle you are trying to avoid.

I don’t think anything in the world would have stopped him moving in with this person. His nature is very supportive and optimistic and he so wanted to support his partner who is very insecure and needy.

None of his freinds could imagine why they were getting together. I knew the sad and poignant background and supported him (not that it was my place to judge or argue anyway.)

Since then he has been subjected to almost daily abuse, which on one or two occasions has been physical. His partner also drinks far too much – something neither he nor any of us were aware of – and clearly needs help. I have suggested to him that they go to Relate, but she will not go. It is a tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment