Wednesday 9 December 2009

In the interests of 'fairness'

This link popped into my inbox.

http://toomuchtosayformyself.com/category/book-stuff/

In the interests of 'fairness' you might like to read it and make up your own mind about its accuracy and the motives or agenda of the person/people who have contributed to it.

Scroll down to the section

"Dangerous nutty bitchez"

The 'author' has copied and pasted vast tracts of text from my business website (without permission of course) and then uses it to make various snide, sarcastic and hateful comments about me. It makes for interesting reading. Does it say FAR more about the writer than it does about me?

Then click on the 'comments' button to read more of the same. This one caught my attention because they directed their hatred and viciousness on my co-author Mary Cleary too.

"Oh, my journalist partner got a review copy of the original ‘That Bitch!’ version of this book. It was so hilarious I used to get it out when my friends came round. I wish I could remember some of our favourite quotes – it was truly Olympian in its patheticness.

I was surprised to see a woman had co-authored it, until I read the blurb and noted that she was one of the sub-set of Irish Catholic women that equates piety with some of the bitterest misogyny you’ll ever see."

Perhaps I should add this to the testimonials page on the book website :-)

The quote above is a perfect example of what Mary and I have written about; vindictive, poisonous, untrue and abusive behaviour by some women. Thank you girls.

Mary has been helping innocent male victims of domestic violence at Amen (www.Amen.ie) for the past 12 years. She's a remarkable woman. I am in awe of what she has done. I will always remember meeting a woman in Dublin who had a brother who was helped by Amen. She said "In our household, we thank God for Amen. Amen saved by brother's life."

No comments:

Post a Comment